View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
First Mod!!!

So, I've started my first mod. I've decided to retrofit my 2010 with an NPP exhaust much like the newer Camaro's have. I really like the idea of it, it will add a sort of uniqueness to it since most 2010's don't have this feature, and it's a good way to introduce quad tips to the layout.

First, I researched what all I would need in order to pull this off. Step one was buying a new diffuser to accommodate the quad tips that I would be using since the stock rear valence doesn't allow the room for that. I used GM part number 22815277 which is the 1LE diffuser.

Next, I got ahold of a used pair of ZL1 NPP mufflers someone was selling on ebay.

I swapped out the stock diffuser and drove to my local muffler shop and had them install the NPP mufflers and remove the SLP Loudmouths that were on it so I could sell them. I think it looks way better than stock!

Before

After

The only thing left to do is order NPP in a box and run the vacuum hose that comes with it from the intake manifold to the mufflers and I should have a functional NPP system. Of course it wont activate on it's own, but I'll be able to control it with a push of a button. I have yet to order that part, it's the last piece of the puzzle to complete this retrofit. I will be ordering it soon and I'm excited to see how it turns out!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports

Last edited by Gunmetal Speedster; 10-18-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote