View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
Just curious ... why did you choose the 1900 over the 2300?

Personally I like to start with the bigger blower and a larger pulley so I can step up more easily later on. When I sell a Pro-Charger, I always try to put the customer into a D1 vs the P1 because I know what an adictive habbit this HP stuff is and its easier to turn a D1 up later on and meet the ever growing expectations.

LSA is such an important factor in camshaft selection. While an N/A cam will work for an SC application, the SC will work so much more efficiently when used with the correct cam

I know Mast is not new to this arena, and they have made many proven combinations. Was the cam you used intended for a boosted application or N/A? I have no affiliation with them, just curious.
I got a good deal with MTI on the 1900...its not the standard kit, it has several upgrades. I don't plan to try to make this into some max power appliation so the 1900 should be fine.

I bought the MAST cam before I thought I was gonna do the blower, it is a perfect cam for the L99 staying N/A.

This setup needed to be a wife friendly, street friendly setup that could be daily driven, get decent mpg, and produce power in a manner to make a fun street car/occational track car. We are real close to that now.