View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 08:33 AM   #12
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Its a investment but most bores and cam surfaces with that mileage on it should be good, I would recommend a good oil like Driven racing ls30 and I do break ins with BR30 even though its a roller....its high lift high pressure springs............ and yes 30 minutes varying the engine like a flat tappet certainly hurts nothing and ensure a good heat cure/ tracking over the micro polished cam and initial zddp foundation which is a real requirement for like a butt billion cams. You of course will want to ditch the baskets and lifters get a ls3 valley and ditch AFM......etc Good Luck stuff IMO....I have posted before over and over with bulletins and articles from driven racing.

LIST OF OILS SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR MODIFIED LS ENGINES;

DRIVEN RACING LS30
Driven racing br30 break in oil

. PERIOD

Not that there are not lots of other good oils out there, but history has specifically shown with roller cams a bad cam or other problem with the top end do not show up right away with changes if there is a failure to have a good break in,( others who are not racers claim they don't need),, no they show up thousands and tens of thousands down the road in deterioration..... Frankly if you can read their site ,( driven racing).and not be taking the advice of all the parts makers that you use in your engine that recommend them. Well cant fix stupid..... and that goes nicely with the testimonials of those running say the last miles of race with no oil pressure wining on their product and having no wear..etc .... Me myself I am into CYA and not using second best..... 8620 core is around because................Anyway theres always different varying measures of success with aftermarket and hot rod engines but failures....NOT INTO THAT OPTION....and of course that's all IMO....good day. And BTW some makers like TSP force br30 use to break in the engine and its included in the price... https://www.bing.com/shop?q=br30+dri...51A522AF2C5962

Last edited by christianchevell; 02-03-2018 at 08:44 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote