View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #2
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Hey guys, so, I am currently waiting and saving up for a turbo kit to come out for the 6th gen SS (since from what I know, there isn't one out there yet). My concerns are, does anyone have an estimate on how much it would cost to go forged internals on the engine? Also, is 650-700whp the most the car can go without a piston breaking? My plan is to have a really conservative turbo build on the car if I don't go forged internals where I can have just right around 600whp (I just want some more power and nice turbo spool noises, not much crazy horsepower numbers lol). Thanks...
Well, the good news is your crank and rods are already forged. You can also purchase a set of drop in forged pistons for the lt1.

http://vengeanceracing.net/vengeance...1-pistons.html

Me personally I like to leave stuff stock and then just rebuild them when they blow. These drivetrains are so mass produced. It's not like say, a new amg, that if you blow the motor or trans you're out 20k. The core replacement costs are cheap enough that it starts to make sense to wait to build. Unless of course you know for a fact you're going to exceed the well known limitations.

Just keep in mind don't listen to the crazy numbers that are common on forums, only 6 psi of boost will feel like a monster compared to stock. The higher in power you go it gets exponentially more expensive. You need to upgrade more and more and after awhile your car has so many aftermarket parts on it, it just becomes an unreliable hot mess.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote