View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 07:17 AM   #77
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
The 18 mustang is better than the camaro. They HAUL with that new 10 speed auto... People are in the 11's with them bone stock. I've never understood the brand fanboys.

From the article:

The Hot Rod gang clocked a time of 11.83 seconds at 119.51 mph. That was the best time of the day, but the guys report that the Mustang GT consistently posted high-11s with ease. The test vehicle was a brand-new, bone-stock Mustang GT equipped with the optional 10-speed automatic transmission and the Performance Package, which brings 460 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque and sticky Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires. That's an improvement of 25 horses and 20 lb-ft over last year's model.

This test was performed on a prepared surface and with optimized tire pressures—26 psi for the rears and 45 psi for the front. None of that is trickery. Theoretically anyone can buy a new Mustang GT, head straight for a drag strip, play around with tire pressures, and match Hot Rod's results.

The manual ran a best of 12.3.

Road & Track has the SS faster than the GT, but not by much. As much as I dislike the new Camaro, I still like the looks over the Mustang. The new Mustang nose is hideous. Honestly, the best “looking” muscle car is still the land barge Challenger. Considering the issues being reported with the new 5.0 it looks like ford has over taxed its smaller engine to complete with Dodge & Chevy.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote