Thread: Redeem Thyself
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
ugh. ford hasn't trumped the ZL1. the 13 gt500 is an amazing machine. but even motortrend showed it's short comings and that was it's brakes, and handling. the ZL1 still out handles it. I would love to see the ZL1 on par with power and what it could do then. I would still expect the 500 to have the 1/4 mile but it would be closer then you'd expect due to traction out of the hole with the wider tires on the ZL1.

I still think the LS7 is a pipe dream. I'm still a believer that gen V motor will be the one they choose for the Z28. if not that a revamped version of the ls3, ala grand sport. but I do believe they need the z28. sales just don't show it though.
Yes, The Camaro is the more advanced & better value GT, but the GT500 is the "more" hardcore performer. Don't get me wrong I prefer the ZL1 over the GT500 if I was wanting a fully loaded "GT". However as I've stated many times I'm not looking for a Camaro GT. This is why I've held out in hopes of the Z28. It's why many in this section of the forum have discussed at great lengths what a Z28 should be and why immeadiatly we knew the ZL1 was not a Z28 (even GM knew it hence the name change).

BTW, I would like a new GenV engine, but wouldn't the base model V8 be released first? Also a revamped LS3 would add time and cost to a near dead design. (and they didn't even change it for the GS Vette).
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote