View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey8 View Post
Got my exhaust done, and have been reading every post on here about CAI's for a while. At first I was really stoked about putting one of these on. Then I start to read about fuse pulls, tunes, and CEL. I read that even though you may not get a CEL, the MAF flows more air, and the O2 sensors, or something (I dunno) make up for it? I am really confused. I read the whole Vararam thread, OMG! I read that every CAI should have a tune done because of the increase in air flow? I want one that the computer will react fine to, easy to put on, and I'll have no problems with. I am not going to do a tune. My first thought is Airaid. They seem to have a quality product with not much headache... I have worn out the search feature. Should I leave it alone if I don't plan on a tune? Are you happy you put one on?
Don't worry...YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET A TUNE for most of the CAI's out there. They will work just fine without one, and you will have an increase in power. However, by not getting a tune, you will not be squeezing every little bit of possible power out of the CAI.

For example, the Vararam "No Tune" unit, with your exhaust setup will work just fine without a tune, and you'll still feel a good Seat of the Pants increase in power.

A good person for you to talk to would be TAG UR IT. He runs the vararam and shares your opinion about NOT wanting a tune.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote