View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Ummm... I am sorry but it sounds like you got a FREE transmission???

Ask your self this... If GM is replacing ones that break FOR FREE... whats the big deal? So you are out your car for a few days. I am sure they give you a loaner.

I just dont see it. You expect GM to spend $17,500,000 for 5000 transmission that COULD BE FINE??? I see nothing wrong what GM is doing. Fix the ones that break and move along.

My friends just broke the other day. As long as GM foots the bill for the repair, I am sure hes not going to be that upset about it. Shit happens ESPECAILLY when you mod and run the car at the track.

And don't start on the "it should be built for that". Tell that to all the Corvette owners whos rear differentials blew into a million pieces. Racing causes stress, stress causes failure. PAY TO PLAY.
I'm going to guess that's me

I agree with the pay to play concept....except in this case. GM knows the first 25K M6 trannies are potential time bombs.

If my vin was 26K plus, my car wouldn't be at the dealer right now, I'd have the tranny out and be on the phone with RPM Transmissions.

However, given the fact that I'm 12K vin and numerous sub 25K vin output shafts are snapping...I gotta lay this one at GM's feet.

Anyone with a VIN outside the known TSB window bitching is another story. And yes, Jason's right....if GM picks up the bill for this one, you won't hear me bitching about a defective output shaft!

And he's a good guy not an idiot! I gotta stick up for him!!!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote