View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #153
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
Seemed like the Pro tree was set on auto start most of the time the last two years. Meaning you can (and many of us did) time it from the point the last staging light came on until green and then launch earlier to get a much better reaction time. It was always the same interval from the time the last staging light came on to green when I was watching and running.

Obviously you have a higher red light risk but if the other person has you covered by a tenth or three, then you really have nothing to lose. I’ve had more than a few people ask me why I kept red lighting on a Pro Tree in time trials - it’s because I was timing the auto timer. Sometimes it bites you but most often it turns out better than the alternative.

What’s really fun is when two cars are evenly matched and both drivers try the same technique against the auto start. Do you wait for green and hope the other driver red lights or just go for it?

Don’t misunderstand my comments - auto start on a Pro tree is great during time trials to keep things moving, but shouldn’t be used for every run during eliminations. Just let everyone know that you will throw in a few manual starts during eliminations and use manual starts only for all finals and semi-finals. This will take away some of the experienced racer advantage and help out the new racers.
trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote