View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
bbktech2

Drives: 1937 Ford
BBK 4020/0/5 Shorty headers fitment

On Monday the 22nd of March, it was brought to our attention that there was a fitment issue with BBK Performance's Shorty headers Part numbers 4020, 40200, 40205.
The issue was bolting the stock mid pipe flanges back up to the flanges on the headers. The preproduction ones I did the test fitting and dyno work with did have clearence to use the stock flange nuts and I used an open end wrench to do the tightening of the nuts. As they went into production, the collector area at the flange grew slightly and the already close tolerance of collector wall to stud hole was compromised. The result was that the stock flanged nuts could no longer be used. In addition, the stock front midpipe stud on the driver side was now hitting the collector due to it's design and inability to be copied from the original design.
We offer our most sincere apologies for this mishap!!! We tried so hard to come up with a nice looking, well performing shorty header for this awesome Camaro.
We do have a fix in the works and have come up with a solution of having bolts supplied in the kits to replace the studs when installing. The bolt size is 10mm x 1.50 x 25mm, if any of you should end up getting a kit without the bolts. If that should happen, please don't hesitate to give me a call and we will ship them out directly to you. I can be reached at 951-266-1771 ext. 312. That's PST as we are located in So Calif.
bbktech2 is offline   Reply With Quote