Thread: audio box
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well, I guess it all depends on how you want this contraption to look. A "wood" box will probably cost less in the end, but it'll be boxy, bulky, and weigh a lot more than the factory seats. A fiberglass box will look better if done right, weigh a lot less, but it'll probably cost more and will take a lot longer to do.

Assuming you have every necessary piece of equipment and you don't mind the amount of man-hours needed to perform either task, you're looking at a wood box that'll probably cost you close to $100 in materials. I'm betting after all is said and done, a fiberglass box will be at least double that, depending on whether or not you have to re-do any portions of the box. I would say you should be prepared to spend about $250-$300 on fiberglass materials.

It all depends on whether or not you have all the right tools to build the box and most importantly how proficient you are at woodworking/fiberglassing.

If this is your first venture into either world, you could easily be spending twice what I quoted.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote