View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 02:54 AM   #20
Mestizo

Drives: American V8
Well.......I guess I'm gonna be the enemy, but here's my story condensed:

I grew up in a japanese only house(my parents had owned domestics prior to my birth). When it came time for me to get my first new car I wanted a 2004 mACH1 Mustang(since Trans Ams weren't "new" anymore).

However after the negative comments by several people, I got discouraged from buying American. I was looking at buying a Cobalt SS, since my uncle works for GM. However, I bought a 2004 Acura RSX Type S, great car as mentioned by rray2000, but it was missing something.

TORQUE

I got mad, and pretty much said, "I'm not gonna live my life in fear, if the Mustang/Camaro/Firebird were terrible cars...how do they have a 35+yr history?"

So, I kept the Acura, but kept searching for a Firebird/Trans Am.....never found one in my price range(especially for a 2nd car), so I ended up getting a 2000 Mustang GT (flame on).

I've had the car for over a year, and no problems. It's really changed my opinion on American cars, and I will be purchasing 1 of the big 3 pony cars either in 2010 or 2011. I also plan to continue to buy American as much as possible........as Toyota is the enemy. haha

So to answer the question:
2004 Acura RSX Type S
2000 Ford Mustang GT
Mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote