View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #23
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy233
Although I do agree with not paying more and you are 100% correct about dealers making a profit not friends, simple economics (and if you owned a dealership) is that if people are willing to pay more than sticker the dealers are not going to say no and sell all the first Camaro's at a mark up.

GM would love the press, you can see it now, people are paying thousands over sticker just to get their hands on the all new Camaro......Free press from the media....you bet they love it.

If demand and the fools who are willing to pay over sticker is the reality in 2.5 yrs then you will get the greedy dealers marking up the new Camaro, but who is to blame?? It's the fools who pay more, not the dealers. What would you do if you own a dealership and someone wants to pay you $4K-$5K over sticker because they have to have it now?? Answer honestly now!
I totally agree. I will say one thing though, Not every dealer is out to make a buck. There are plenty of dealers out there that want you to be a customer fore life. The average person will purchase 6 new vehicles in their life time. A smart dealer knows this and will try there hardest to satisfy every customer that walks through their showroom doors. As a result, the satisfied customers purchase 6 vehicle from his/hers dealership. That’s where the money is… The fun part is finding a dealer with this kind of attitude and smarts.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote