View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
Firsts things first!

Lets face it folks, the stock system is insufficient on so many levels. I want REAL cold air coming in from the front of the car and a short air column to the MAF. As an induction system designer I fully understand the importance of a cool dense air charge. I also know and understand that the longer the intake system and the more bends it has, the more frictional and pressure differential flow losses will result. Shorter and straighter is better!

I saw the New Era hand fabricated intake on the Camaro 5 board and had to have one. I received the New Era CAI a week later and installed it after work. It took a whole 20 minutes to have the thing on the car. Talk about simple!
I noticed the power increase right away especially the off throttle low end torque. I love this CAI!

I ported the throttle body the next day. Didn't notice any increase in low end TQ or top end power but the off throttle low end transition was stumble free and instant! I noticed the smoothness of throttle transition while passing on the highway. Just a tad of throttle gives instant power. I love it.

2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232/245 .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Last edited by Darin Morgan; 09-13-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Darin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote