Thread: Z/28 Parts List
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
radrace19

Drives: Pontiac G8 GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Interesting info, thanks Greg!

In the Chevy world is a "Knuckle" the same as a (axle) "carrier" for other makes? The part that the control arms/ball joint connect to and the axle passes through it? Any chance you can post the graphic illustration of it?

If so, I'm wondering about about changes to accommodate suspension geometry (bump steer) for the dropped ride height. Or, too much to hope for I suppo$e, weight reduction (a forged piece).

Be interesting as well to see the prices of the DSSV dampers when they come out... :-)
Are you just wanting to see the price of the DSSV dampers? I don't think you will be able to install them, just for the fact that they will be electronically run by the car. Only the 2nd production car to ever come equipped with them other than the Aston Martin.

The knuckle is #31 in this pic
Name:  rear susp camaro.jpg
Views: 24158
Size:  101.0 KB

I'm guessing GM lists a different part number for the rear knuckles is because they will come with different bushings installed from any other Camaro currently offered.
-Greg

2009.5 G8 GT (Liquid Red)
GXP fascia conversion, GXP diffuser

2009 GXP M6 (MSM) #405 586rwhp/495tq
TVS2300, CTS-V Fuel System, Cam 222/230 116 lsa, Monster Lever 4 Clutch, American Racing 1 7/8 headers, rear Brembo's w/working Parking brake
11.91 @ 119
radrace19 is offline   Reply With Quote