View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 10:11 AM   #102
timmerk

Drives: 2008 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Ok! I've finally gotten around to switching the bypass from the Fortin to the Xpresskit and all of the quirks are gone! It seems the Fortin Evo-All was the culprit. For those wanting to do the same, here are some differences and tips for installing the Xpresskit DBALL2.

1) You'll need the Xpresskit Dball2 and the THGM610 Harness for the install.

2) Unlike the Fortin, you MUST flash the Dball2 with the correct firmware for our cars. So either buy the flasher module or buy it from a seller that will flash it for you. I flashed the GM10 v3.23 beta firmware.

3) There are two extra wires that you have to splice on the OBDII port for CAN High and CAN Low.

4) The THGM610 harness comes with a toggle switch that isn't supposed to be used but I would suggest wiring this switch in-line on the ACC wire on the harness at the ignition header so that you can flip it on when you want to use the OEM key and flip it off when you want to leave a cut key in the ignition.

5) Compared to the Evo-All, the Dball2 is lacking 12V+, Accessory, and Ground connections for the Advanced Keys Modules. In the instructions there's a connection plug labeled "T-02" that is marked to not be used. You can cut the plastic head off of it and now you have a 12V+ source (Red wire) and an ACC wire (Grey/Black wire). I grounded all the ground wires for the Advanced Keys system to a bolt by the fuse box.

6) The Red 12-pin plug from the harness that goes into the Dball2 is missing pins in pin positions 3,4, and 12 that are for the door, trunk, and hood status. I simply pulled these pin and wires from the connector that came with the dball2 and stuck them in those holes in the header on the harness. Make sure these connections are tight when you do this. Then simply wire them together and connect it to the door status input on the Advanced Keys module.

7) As mentioned before, I would suggest tapping the brake signal directly from the BCM for the Advanced Keys module instead of using the signal provided by the bypass.

8) The Dball2 has a "RAP Off" connection that can be wired into the driver door sense signal to keep the stock feel of only turning off accessories when you open the driver door after shutting the car down. I didn't connect this (couldn't find the right wire in the door motor connector, got lazy) and so my radio/accessories turn off right when I shut down the car.

Hope this helps everyone out!
Thanks RedRyder! I'm doing a very similar install on my 2008 GMC Sierra truck, but have some questions if you don't mind...

It appears I need the THGM610C harness. Did you use the THGM610 or THGM610C for your Camaro? Both harness manuals state:

Quote:
The THGM610 is a GM Plug & Play T-Harness for specific GM vehicles. It can be used in either standalone mode OR with a remote starter in D2D mode (ONLY). The cannot be used in W2W.
How did you get around this? I know you mentioned some missing pins, but wouldn't you need many more pins, like for the tach, starter input, etc? Did you cut off the connectors of the harness on the DBALL2 side and just manually connect wires?

Thanks!
timmerk is offline   Reply With Quote