Thread: G5.R
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #323
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You might want to talk to BMR. They are working on front and rear cradles as well.

Chase unfortunately I think the rear cradle is a pipe dream I spoke with the owner of BMR at PRI last December and they were entertaining the idea. He suggested I'd speak with Kyle in March to get a better idea of a time line. I did, they still hadn't done anything. Kyle suggested we speak in July, I did..... nothing. I spoke with him this October and he had to put me on hold to check with the engineers, came back and said they haven't started anything.

The only other option which would be more viable is Extreme Fabrications that did the front cradle. He's been wanting to do it but needs 4 orders because of the time required to engineer it. It wouldn't be feasible just to do one. We even did a conferance call with Aaron from Pfadt Racing and discussed the idea of doing different pick up points which would align the shaft better when you lower your car.

The only thing is that we can't find three other solid orders to get Craig at Extreme to invest time. They would 't be cheap at $3,500 a piece. I would have to imagine there are 3 other high end builds who would like to pony up and get it done. Maybe you guys can PM some of the guys you know on here and see if they want to do this group buy.

The only other option would be for us to buy all four of them and then sell them our self for what we can get.

We really want one. Justin spent a lot of time getting rid of all the flashing on the stock cradle and thinking what a waste of time, if we could just get a tubular piece and be done, LOL.

So... is there anybody else that want to go in with us. We just need three more