Thread: Gas Prices!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #131
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
We were lied to plain and simple. Back in 2005 when prices started getting crazy they said it was our fault, that we use too much gas.

I bought a car that was economical, then I just gave up and would only work close to home. I got to where I can get by on 5 gallons a week if I have to and when fuel gets this high I park stuff, I stay home, I buy just enough gas to get where I'm going.

It's like the stock market how much gas prices yo yo, take a chance drive on fumes for another day because it may be 20 cents cheaper tomorrow. Many people are doing stuff like this, many more city folks can't afford cars at all anymore.

Yet they say we still use too much.
actually, use is down about 10% in the US. the 2 biggest things sustaining high gas prices are:

1. a weak US dollar. since oil (and all commodities) are priced in dollars, the weaker the dollar gets the higher stuff we import will be. when the dollar the dollar looses half its value against say, the Saudi currency, they'll want twice as many dollars. it also makes commodities a cheap investment for foreigners.

2. both china and India are booming and using up the reduced demand from the US and western Europe.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote