View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 03:01 PM   #37
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
Track days on OrangeStuff Pads

So the OrangeStuff is EBC's version of a track/racing pad and the 2010-2015 SS Camaros all take the same pad fitment. The later cars have the roller skates, to suppress noise, which is not needed for track pads.

I installed Orangestuff pads both front and rear on nearly perfect rotors with less than 4000 miles.

I drove around a few days and found no issues. It seem the be rather quiet on the street with good feel.

My track days were at Summit Point, Shenandoah Circuit, which is pretty hard on brakes and tires. On Saturday, it was raining in the morning, so I used a set of street tires (stock Eagle F1s) which I found to be a very good tire. Much better than I expected. As they day progressed, the dryer conditions allowed much faster speeds and the brakes and tires heated up.

On day two, I installed a set of Pirelli DH slicks and really turned up the heat in perfect weather conditions. The braking performance was great and very predictable. Of course, the pads left a nice layer of brake dust, but that does not matter for a track pad.
On my second session, I noticed the pads were just a bit thicker than the backing plate and after the session, the front pads were shot.

In my opinion, these pads would probably work fine for someone that needs a pad that will work both on the street and on the track, and does not want to spend a lot of money.

I believe the slicks pushed the pads past the temperature range it could accommodate. I do have z28 cooling ducts on my 1LE, but that was not enough. The Yellowstuff rear pads held up fine, so those seem like a good choice.

I switched out the pads at the track for a set of Hawk DTC-70's which seem to be up to the task of managing the additional heat generated by the slicks.

Here are a few pictures attached.
Attached Images

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote