View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeastRR View Post
E85 is the plan sooner or later but probably next summer or after. It cost way to much to convert right now as I have zl1 pump and only 850cc injectors. It's a weekend warrior and planned to due the alky control setup from jdp with 4 gallon tank the fail safes. From my understanding with these in place itll just fall on its face and should be okay? Also meth wont get sprayed until 4psi so it will drive just fine even if I do run out of meth. I figured 10 pounds is pushing it on 93 so with meth being sprayed if I could safely up it to 12. I do have a boost controller so I will not be running 12 all the time that would be the I just got beat by a car or so let's see if 12 can get the win on the next run. Sry if I worded it wrong and hopefully this clears some questions up. Thanks guys for the responses and keep them coming.

Doesn't sound like your car would actually be meth dependent then. Sounds like you would mostly be using it to reduce IAT'S. I used to have ADM or CTS-V duel pumps which flow a tad bit more than a ZL1 pump and FIC 1000cc injectors. I was able to make 815 rwhp @ 16.5 psi on 93+meth. I typically ran the car at 15 psi though which was more like 770 rwhp. I ran the car like this for about 1.5 yrs before upgrading fuel system.

Prior to turbos I had an ECS supercharger kit and ran about 750 rwhp @12 psi for about 3 yrs on 93 + meth.

So yes it is possible.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote