View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
The Beginning

I purchased my 2014 Camaro 2ss 1/LE in January of 2017 from the godfather of all used Camaro's in NJ: Bridgewater Acura. At the time I did not know much about these cars at all, just that I wanted a Camaro, it had to be a v8, and it needed to be a 6 speed. After doing a little searching, I found that this dealership had a bunch of different Camaro's in all different types of options and they had one that caught my eye. I did brief research and found out that the 1/LE was a track package car with a different rear end gear and transmission. I knew I wasn't going to use it for that purpose, but the zl1 wheels and the matte black hood wrap looked way too good on that black car, and I just had to have it.

Name:  IMG_1739.jpg
Views: 2816
Size:  100.8 KB

Heres the back story:

I grew up around muscle cars my whole life. My best friends dad has owned Camaro's since I was a kid, my father used to own a Charger when he was younger, and my neighbor growing up has raced Mopars his whole life. When i turned 18 I decided to go a different route and ended up with Hondas. They were cheap, easy to find parts, and they could be quick if you knew how to do it right. My one friend was really into the whole show car scene and started bringing me out to a lot of car shows in the area. I thought that they were cool because you got to meet a lot of people and see some nice cars, but I knew it really wasn't my thing. The only good thing that came out of going to car shows was when I met a few people and got introduced to the street racing scene. This was something that I liked a lot more: actually being able to push your car to it's limits and seeing the benefits of all the hard work you put into it. I just hated having to run away from the cops when the spot would get shut down. I decided to go with my friends dad to the track one day and I never looked back.

Im going to fast forward about a good 11 years because there is no need to talk about all that. My pride and joy got stolen and stripped, had a few other cars I didn't like, and then I decided I wanted to switch it up and just go with raw american power like I grew up around my whole life. I was tired of front wheel drive cars, I knew I could drive them, I needed something different to rekindle the love I used to have for drag racing. Why not a v8? So I traded in the vehicle I had at the time, bought this car and it has been the best decision I have ever made. I looked at the 6th gens and although I knew they were quicker from the factory, they didn't have that raw muscle car look like the 5th gens do.

Enjoy the rest of this build where I will share with you my trials and tribulations with this car. Definitely a lot of stuff to do with 1320' of freedom, and since I do not have the money to dump into this thing at once, it will be a long continuous build, and Im pretty sure it will never be finished. Because.. are we ever satisfied?

Always..... need.... more... power...

btw.. may contain a supercharger... maybe not.. maybe i just gave away a spoiler.. maybe im just stringing you along.. enjoy!

(p.s. sorry for the shitty dealership photos. I was so excited about what I was getting and too focused on making the salesman think I wasn't really interested as I haggled the price I forgot to take pics when it was actually light out.)

Name:  IMG_1741.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  108.4 KB

Last edited by TheInfamouSS; 02-15-2018 at 12:58 PM.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote