View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #187
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
like ive said, this car is in a class of its own. so you have to compare it to cars of the same purpose. track purpose cars...areil atom... hands down. 30k. light. track purpose and daily driver. best car. other than that...z06. still get radio, nav.... this is why gm will have a hard time selling this to anyone other than a true camaro enthusiast. there is no market for a 70k camaro that has no radio and is intended for the track. most people have dedicated track cars that are in this catagory. in a catagory close to this would be cars like the M3, S5, boss 302, gtr, z06. higher scale.... cayman R, mercedes black series, even the new viper... i know viper has had track cars in the past, but those are TRUE track cars with roll cages ready to race. this camaro is not that serious. but you could compare it to a viper of that caliber
1. ariel atom 3 is not 30k lol. and like i said, it was beat by the zl1.
2. M3, S5, boss 302, cayman R, mercedes c63 black? these cars are all a joke for the z/28. heck, they are a joke for the zl1...
3. the other cars you listed are all at least 30k above the 70k mark, set aside the Z06 which still starts 5k above the 70k mark and..
4. unless you get the z07 (which is 100k+), the standard z06 WILL be lapped by this car.

did you even look at the lap times i linked?

again... 3 cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
people looking for a NEW track purpose 2nd or 3rd car, are few nad far between. anyone serious about track days has a car for that and isnt planning on spending 70K for it. people looking for a 2nd or 3rd car for a "toy" will more than likely be looking in the used car market. and in that field, you open up all other types of competition. for 70 or 80K like you said, id be looking for a panamera turbo so me and 3 of my friends can all enjoy the laps . but seriously, there will be alot of other used options for this purpose that will fulfill anyones track day urge and save them money. all a track day car needs to really be quick is the right set of wheels and tires, and brakes. obviously thats what they did with the camaro.
this is a preference thing. but if your going to compare cars, to be fair you need to compare new to new. otherwise you can get a used 80's f1 car and call it a day lol