View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3atman View Post
In the process of a cam swap and just got to the valve spring replacement and everything came off fine however going back on the seat goes on and the seal after being pressed on the valve does not contact the seat is this normal or ok? Watching the robertway diy I could not really tell from the video on how to replace the valve springs so if someone could chime in thatd be great thanks

Also I tryed to use the search with no luck
There should be a few mm gap between the bottom of the valve seal and the top of the valve spring locator.

If the valve seal actually bottomed out all the way then the seal coudl easily pop off when the locator, valve spring and valve spin. You DONT want the seal to spin with the rest of the valvetrain, it stays stationary.

I've always put a deep socket on top of the valve seal thats barely smaller then the seal itself and give a light tap on it with a rubber mallet to ensure the valve seal is seated all the way...it's worked great for me for the last ~15 years or so that i've been working on SBC's and now LSx stuff.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote