View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Operation Flags For Vets - Bourne Cape Cod, MA

Never thought about posting because it's not a car show / event but I figured some New England guys / girls might find the info useful.

Each May and November (memorial + veterans day) the Bourne National Cemetery on Cape Cod Rte 28 needs volunteers to plant 68,000 flags at each grave marker. My first time was in November '16 and again on Saturday. Saturday I drove with a friend but I returned on Sunday in the Camaro (morning drive and take in the beauty without the crowds from the day before). If anybody is looking to take the Camaro out for a drive when the weather gets sunny & warm this week + next weekend, take a drive down. **They will be removing them Sunday June 4**. Both times I have been the Chevy Corvette club has showed up with about 50+ cars strong! And it seems like 1K motorcycles.

Planting was easy. The staff leaves full bins of flags for each section. Bring a screw driver to start the hole and place a flag at the center of the marker. Removal just pull them out and place back in a bin. The grounds crew does the rest (pics below are from this past November).

https://us.eventbu.com/bourne/operat...or-vets/928697
Attached Images