View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Possible Causes

Remote Voltage Too High:I was told several times that the problem was that the remote turn-on voltage was too high. That is incorrect. I have used 12V direct from the battery in past, through a dash mounted switch, to turn amps on and off, with no pop. I have read somewhere that certain Ford factory amplified systems had an issue like this.

Groud Loop: I thought I had pretty good grounding, but figured I would try the ground loop isolator anyway. The consensus is that there is DC riding on the low level outputs coming from the radio. A ground loop isolator would in theory remove the DC from the line. I still don't know what to make of this. See Ground Loop Isolator below.

Line Output Converter A line output converter takes a high level speaker signal and converts it to a low level RCA output that can be used to connect to an amp. Some amps have this already built-in and you can plug high level inputs directly into them. None of my amps have this feature. That could be a reason some people do not have the p/c/t. Some manufacturers have adapters for their amps that basically are just speaker cable wired directly to an RCA. In those cases, the amplifier must be able to accept high and low level inputs via the RCA connections.

Gains Too HighSetting all gains at 0 did not eliminate the p/c/t. It did reduce it to a low level, so gain has an effect on the p/c/t.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote