View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
I need to vent, but I wont create a whole thread for it...

I swear Chevy is purposefully making life hell for people who want great car audio. Climate controls attached to the stereo so you gotta buy an expensive dash kit, stock front speakers sealed in the housing so you gotta buy a new housing adapter for the doors, having to take out the backseat (a huge PITA from what I am reading) just to access the rear deck to put 6 x 9's in, and lastly, seemingly everything on the inside of the car made of thin plastic.

I spent a good 10-12 hours sound deadening my trunk (strategically, only covering places that needed it) and completely covering the underside of the rear deck. That was loads of fun! I paid to have my 6x9s install seeing how daunting the rear seat removal was and had them throw dynamat on top of the rear deck while they had the seat off.

I have a modest system, my 12's are wired at 4 ohms so im not getting the full potential of my monoblock amp, and I infrequently turn the bass on my head unit up, I mostly go for sound quality.

After all that time and effort with the dynamatting, I am getting an absolutely heinous rattle from what sounds like the paneling under the rear window in the backseat on the drivers side everytime I have a flat bassline. I can turn my bass and volume down, say at a red light, and its even worse. At first I thought it was the seatbelts, fastened those, but its still there. I am hoping now its the vents in the trunk and the sound is just traveling to the paneling in the backseat. I will find some way to get creative with sound deadening that without completely covering it. If it isnt that, im going to have to assume its the plastic paneling of the backseat hitting on metal. So I guess I either have to pay for the audio guys to remove it and lay some more sound deadening down (I wish i could just pay them to remove it and do it myself), or I guess find a buddy and try for the best to remove both pieces of the backseat.

Like I said, just needed to vent. I had absolutely no sound deadening in my last car, a cheaply made japanese import, and when I threw down all types of money it sounded better. In this case, even after sound deadening it sounds worse. I understand some rattle is inevitable when you have subs, but this rattle is a rattle from hell. Frustrating.

Last edited by Matic; 05-07-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote