View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #201
MrGarb

Drives: 2014 Black 2LS tinted and Subwoofed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolino View Post
20mpg? shit maybe somthing is wrong with my car. i do mostly highway vtc set to EC0 except for some occasional spirited driving thru the hills at SP5 and i only get 16.9 average i do drive pretty hard for "normal" driving but it cant be that bad
Hey, just passing through and I wanted to make mention of a few things.

So, running on Ec 0 is running the car on stock settings. 0 is stock, 1 is small change from stock, and 7 is the high end of the spectrum, the most change. Switching from Ec 0 to SP 5 could explain small mpg numbers. My apologies if you were aware of this, but the way I read your message I wanted to clarify.

It's my opinion that this device doesn't actually give better mpgs, it just makes it a lot easier for the driver to achieve them. On EC 7, you would need to near conscientiously try to get low mpg numbers.

Furthermore, if you want better mpg, besides a cold air intake which I wont discuss here, try a throttle body spacer.

http://www.airaid.com/search/product...prod=200-630-1

This is just one company, the one I went with. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Mods/other: Scosche head unit, Black rear lightup bowtie, footwell lighting, Chevy door puddle lights, chrome door sills, locking fuel door cover, 20" ZL1 rep wheels' matte black.

Sound: Pioneer 4100 radio, Hertz high energy tweets/6x9's, JL Audio 12TW3 sub in custom box, hush mats in doors, 2 amps I forget the names of..

Mods to come: Wolo PA system, maybe strut bars?
MrGarb is offline   Reply With Quote