View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #13
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
My old TT motor was 9.4/1 compression ratio and we ran as much as 24 pounds of boost. This was after installing the LSA heads with ARP over sized aged studs, and we still had problems blowing out head gaskets and or pushing water.

The new motor is 10.5/1 compression and we will be north of 30 pounds of boost with 76 mm turbos. We will push the boost to whatever the fuel system will handle. My cam is around a 118 LSA and I don't have the rest of the specs available. It is a solid lift cam in the .800 lift range.

The difference here is a proprietary head gasket, that has a "fire ring" type of sealing surface. It's a copper gasket for the most part rather than a cometic gasket. I am not permitted to go into any further detail. but we have been told the motor can take upwards of 50 lbs of boost though we wont be anywhere near that high...

The higher compression ratio will allow for substantially more off boost power than the previous motor. we will also be spinning this motor way higher than before... we are looking for 8,100 -8,200 rpm shift points and can run to 9,000 rpm if needed for a given track distance.... Final tuning will determine the limits...
Man that is one crazy build you got going on.. Your boost numbers remind me of this picture.
Attached Images

JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote