View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 07:10 AM   #8
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
For those interested in the gauges and their functions, I will explain. As a pilot, I am used to an environment of real time data and have followed that concept on all the projects I have built in my career. No guessing what is happening in this Twin Turbo Camaro. My EFR turbochargers are rear mounted on this project with my own engineered Sequential system that utilize (1) turbo for low end power and an automatic control system that transitions the second turbo on line when higher power is demanded. No turbo lag on this machine! Acts like a roots blower. Anyway here are the gauge functions:

On the upper center of the dash are (7) gauges, left bank wide band A/F, right bank wide band A/F, vacuum/boost, turbine back pressure, ( for monitoring sequential back pressure) turbochargers oil pressure at point of use, exhaust temperature and primary fuel pump pressure.

Above the radio are (2) gauges, AEM boost controller and Sequential valve opening angle.

Above the speed/tach cluster is a Autometer G-tech for accurate power calculations and G-force acceleration.

On the left pillar are (3) gauge clusters, top is LED and alarm monitors for oil scavenge pump, low oil return rate from turbos to engine, water/meth injection LED indicators. The center gage is a Snow water/meth flow indicator and at the bottom is a PLX ODB2 gauge that monitors all engine data in real time, engine codes, etc.

Certainly a crazy, one of a kind project but a real fun car to drive and very fast. If the LFX transplant works, this will be a very rewarding project, to say the least.
Attached Images

Last edited by alice; 03-25-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added pictures
alice is offline   Reply With Quote