View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #46
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
My comments (only because you asked for my opinion ):
I watched the whole video. There're many things to talk about, but one common theme is that you don't seem to be 'in a hurry' anywhere. Once you start opening back your steering wheel, while you're doing so, you should also increase your gas input. More straight the steering wheel, more torque tires will take without braking loose, and you can gain vast times from that alone. Another part is the braking; as you've also noticed, you should brake much later. Another thing is using the track. These cars are already as wide as a train; you need to use the whole track, especially at the corkscrew, the beginning of the front straight, where your exit speed matters the most.

I'd highly recommend that you pick a few corners (like 2, 8, 11, and 13), and work hard on accelerating until a much later point and braking harder. You should also try to use more of the track, since not doing so will get you to your tires' limits much sooner.

On another note, I think you can benefit from wider front wheels.

This is what I used as reference to your comments, and assumed you mean 8a/8b when you said 7a/7b:
Thanks for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.

It's interesting how when I was out there, on the track, I would swear that I was braking later but, as I say at work, "the data doesn't lie".

I'll be back at the Ridge later this month for another SCCA Track Night and I will give your advice a shot. I'm gradually working my way up to keeping the pedal to the floor out of turn 8b through 10. As you surmised, I need wider tires in front and I am just not 100% confident that the car will stick with 245s up front and 275s in back. I really screwed up going with 9" wheels in front and 10" in the back but I'm pretty much stuck with what I have until next season.

Scott
Attached Images

Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote