View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #27
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
Launch controll is mentioned and i am wondering what it takes to set. I have seen some videos of different cars where to it takes a few seconds to set due to the number of switches that are involved.

My question is will you be able to use launch control at the dragstrip or will the light be green while you are flipping switches?
As far as I can tell, launch control is at least similar to the following.

You set the Launch Control (with a simple button push) at a certain RPM, whichever RPM you think provides the best grip and launch without spinning. The computer remembers this RPM for any time the Launch Control button is pushed again. That way, all you have to do is hammer the gas and drop the clutch and the computer will control your launch at the pre-set RPM, so you launch at the same engine speed every time.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote