View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #168
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Need to pay off my 14 Silverado first. Gonna shoot for late next summer but most likely have to wait until spring 2017 :( . Not selling the truck either its the best one I've ever owned.

What's making the new gts weigh 100 lbs+ more loaded? Gm lists 1ss and 2ss as like 30 lbs different. I could see a sunroof and optional stereo adding another 20 or so. Where's the extra 50 lbs coming from on the loaded mustangs ?
For 1 a base GT comes with no spare, 18x8 wheels puney 235/50 tires and smaller brakes. Add the 20" wheels, 265mm tires, spare and full interior options and I'm sure it gets up there. Or on a GTPP add the 19" wheels, MASSIVE Brembro brakes, coolers, different suspension parts, and a full premium interior with all boxes checked and it's going to add a good bit of weight as well.

With the SS the only things a 1SS doesn't have vs a 2SS is HUD, 4 pack gauge's, the stereo system, leather and a few more odds and ends in the interior. You'll notice there is nothing on the outside and nothing mechanically different of the SS vs the GT trims. Wheels/tires, brakes, suspension, no spare ect all the same plus adding a 1LE option actually pulls weight OUT of the car. The SS just has more standard options vs the GT and that's why it doesn't gain much weight when going to the 2SS.