Thread: R.I.P. Chef
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Yo What the hell, another one, whos next, hey my main man upstairs how bout getting rid of bush or bin ladden........Damn
I'm amazed that no one had any response to this.

I'll take bin Laden dying any day, but that guy deserves so much worse for plotting to kill innocents. He'll have his day, I'm sure. I'm trying to keep my cool right now after just watching Flight 93. I'm certain you guys know what is going through my head about bin Laden.

Bush bothers me even more than usual—not nearly as much as bin Laden—after that movie since apparently he didn't order planes to intercept flight 93 even after he was informed and available to do so. Despite this, as a political scientist and American citizen, I never want to see a president, no matter how sketchy the election or campaign, removed from office by assassination again. It hurts the American image, confidence in the government, and shows enemies that they can get what they want through force. America does not react to force. America reacts to diplomacy and democratic processes. As a democracy, I believe it is Americans who should seek such regime change as presidential impeachment if necessary, but it is never okay for a president to die by force. I don't like Bush, but if someone took him down, I would be honored to fight in his memory.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote