View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
C4m4r0
Man behind the wheel

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Paint Chip to Door

So guys, I'm sorry if I'm venting a little here, but I do have a question I'd really appreciate some help with.

So yesterday my stupid f***ing moron friend opens the door to my camaro when we got to the beach, and dings it right into the wooden fence. This dipshit even had the nerve to say "if you would of let me eat in your car, I would of had the energy to hold the door better", and later in the day he mentioned "you can just buy a new one", just was a total douche bag about it. He basically wasent paying attention, and opened the door right into the fence, he flung it open, and did not even attempt to grab it. Just let it naturally open right into a fence, and it happened to be an angled piece of wood with a pointed edge. So it took some paint right off of it. There's a portion where the clearcoat is removed, and on the edge of the door (where it opens) the paint came completely off. You could see my cars paint on the fence.

Now i'm stuck with a little chip into my paint, and i'm almost positive my warranty will not cover this, so i'm just wondering what i'm looking at to get it fixed. I want to take care of it so the sheet metal underneath doesn't get damaged. I will attempt to make him pay for the repairs, but he's the kind of guy that would do everything he could not to pay.

The blemish in question is about the size of a pencil eraser, it's not big at all. But very noticeable if you know it's there.

Anyone got suggestions on how I should take care of all this? What are my options, any help would be much appreciated. I'm pretty distressed about it, the car is so new I still haven't even made the first payment on it yet. Pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, but I'm trying not to let it stress me out.