View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #21
TommyC

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
That may be true but FI will still drive better and easily make more than 500whp. I was at 600 before the cam and it drove like stock until you got into boost. Now its about the same normal driving i just can get a slight buck under 1400rpm at very light throttle
Thing is doing a cam only build will replace a lot of parts which will help my car that has almost 60k miles on it. Plus i was quoted at 3500 all parts, labor and tuning. So i agree 100% but its also price. So on one hand yes the car will drive more like stock except hot weather does kill boost over an n/a setup. Itll cost anywhere between $7500-10,000 to get the kit and have it installed. And if i went with boost id I’ll also be boosting an engine with a decent amount of miles which may not be an issue but could be. So all and all i do think there is an argument for having “cam only” build for a 5th gen street car. Price and the benefits of replacing crucial engine components vs power and driving characteristics. I say sound is even because blowers sound awesome and cammed LS sound awesome. Id love to have both! But you’re definitely right.
TommyC is offline   Reply With Quote