View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
...I have a strong feeling that we are in a very short window of a muscle car renaissance. With the CAFE standards coming in a couple years and GM stating this is going to be a limited production run Camaro, this may be a car worth having a 4-5 years when the only thing you can get in a Camaro is a turbo 6cyl that looks like it belongs in a Toyota...
You are correct on this. Big block, large displacement, naturally aspirated engines are dinosaurs. Sad, but true. The impending regulations, which will only get worse, mean that manufacturers will only be able to sell small numbers of increasingly specialized (read: expensive) versions of these cars down the road. I'm not happy with that, but those are the facts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho928 View Post
...Besides fellow club racers would find it a great deal since very few will actually push the envelope on the likes of a ZL1 or Z28 (having dry sump and superior brakes makes all the difference in wear and tear)
Money, you can't take it with you, enjoy it and die broke.
One reason I'm doing more track driving -- and wanting a Z/28 to greatly increase my track time even further -- is because I recently lost a friend to pancreatic cancer. Sorry, I'm not mentioning that to sound morose, but we don't have long on this Great Blue Marble. Best to enjoy it to the max, and I no longer have any use for a Garage Queen. If I wear my Z/28 out and its resale value decreases, have I lost money? Hell, no! How do you put a value on the joy you get from using a car like this at it's limit, on the track?!?