View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #1320
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Some shops are better than others at planning, but with brand new platforms many of the upgrades being installed are either early development or prototypes that don't quite fit or work. These variables can throw a HUGE monkey wrench into the most organized and structured businesses. Then there are last minute OEM changes as in we just decided to release a vehicle to your shop for a SEMA build because fill-in-the-blank. Sometimes the build is such a reach, is so over the top a shop of Supermen would struggle to get it done.
Unplanned things happen sometimes even when you have the planning and timing set up for "on time". I was doing a dealer seminar for a fairly new music synthesizer model, I had one for a couple of months and had a few weeks to get the seminar ready. I wrote three original songs and fine tuned them to perfection for the seminar, while making some last minute tweaks three days before the seminar, we had a power brown out and I lost three weeks of work in seconds. So I had three days to recreate what I had done since I had not made recent backups, sure taught me a lot about backup your computer, back it up again, then back it up once more just in case. While this is sort of off topic, it goes to show that things can and do happen to delay the completion of a project.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote