Thread: Regrets?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks to the OP for posting the question. I bought a Magnuson supercharger from SCC last fall (early Oct I think). No complaints with the transaction. Jessica was great and so was Brian. If you are thinking about buying a supercharger, talk to them FIRST!!!!

Now that the weather is nice (and its the time to install), I'm having second thoughts about having a supercharger. Its not really a money thing (its bought and paid long ago) although we are looking at re-shingling our roof this summer and putting in a new shower in our master bath. I guess common sense () is rearing its ugly head and I think "What am I going to do with all of that HP?" I know what I have in it money wise, and if I could get back what I have in it, I would sell in a heart beat (and I wouldn't sell if I lost even $1). Stupid thing is, I also have the fuel pump voltage booster, ZR1 3 bar map sensor & spark plugs, and CAI supercharger tube. Only thing missing is a custom tune from Ted.

So I guess what I am trying to say to the OP, make sure you really, really want that extra HP or can make use of it (I have no desire to 1/4 mile or auto-cross). I do want more HP (435RWHP/500HP would be perfect), but not numbers approaching 600HP. BTW I'm turning 42 on June 13.....did I cross into the "boring old man" twilight zone?

Headers and a PTB along with my CAI and 3" Flowmaster Outlaw brought together with a tune from Ted would be MORE than enough to get me into trouble!!!!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote