View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #42
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
Not just the 1LE owners. I bought a 45th vert 2SS, I currently only have about 1500 miles on it and I will let it go for a Z/28. I am not mad, I just understand that things work this way. If GM put out everthing right away no one would buy. Dodge did the same with the challenger, there was a 5.7 Hemi, then the 6.1 and now the 392(6.4) Who knows, maybe they will put out a 426?

Its just one of those things. You like the 1LE, enjoy it, I enjoy my car. If they don't make an LS7 then I will be especially happy I got the 45th, but I have a feeling there is going to be a Z28. Who knows, it sould just be an engine option and no Z/28 badge. Then in 2015 we get the z/28 badge? All the 2014 LS7 people would be upset but thats how it goes.
This is very true. Special editions are one way the manufacturers keep interest, especially with these types of cars and ESPECIALLY when they are a few years into a model run. It helps keep it fresh and keep interest in product, especially with a new model on the horizon in a few short years. Only problem today is people expect more the special editions than just tape, wheels, and stickers so the best of the breed usually hits the market from the middle to the end of a model run.

Something else I have been cosidering is where exactly would an LS7 fit in the pricing structure? you have what, a 10k difference between a 2SS 1LE and the ZL1 and that is kind of a small gap, not to mention the 1LE is also dangerously close to the performance of the Zl1 in many aspects and there is a good possiblity a lighter 550 HP LS7 with the 1LEs gearing and transmission advantages could pretty easily match and even equip the ZL1. Would they try to squeexze it in the middle or would it actually be a pricier and higher model than the ZL1? Am I overthinking it?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote