View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTengineer View Post

1. A 400 hp Mustang does NOT exist yet.

2. 0.7 seconds is nothing? Did you look at any other performance category or did you only focus on the ones convenient to you? Are you gonna be driving the two cars in a road track 100% of the time? Look at the numbers that really matter in day to day driving. It is NOT EVEN CLOSE.

3. Why do people keep bringing up the "for a car with so and so less HP it does well". Who the hell cares? It is not all about hp, it is about hp/lb. The Mustang does well because it is lighter, true. We shall see how heavy a new 400 hp Mustang is, until then I don't really care to discuss imaginary cars.
1. No, but it will be here in significantly less than a year. So, if you want a true GT, why would you buy a 4000lb Camaro now when you can wait for a much lighter Mustang with better handling, similar power, and superior power to weight?

2. Who said .7 second was nothing? I did say it is an amazingly small gap between two car which are supposed to be in the same segment with a greater than 100hp disparity between the two, because it is. We already knew the Camaro was notably faster in a straight line, this simply proves that the Chevy is more of a cruiser than a corner carver. But then, we knew that already too. Like I said earlier there is nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is.

3. I find it amazingly easy to tell just how disappointed Chevy enthusiasts actually are in the curb weight of the new Camaro SS by how 'touchy' they become about the weight of the new 400hp Mustang GT. This extreme weight gain you guys keep hoping will hinder the new Mustang GT just isn't going to happen, there simply exists no plausible reason why anything like this would occur.