View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
1. No, but it will be here in significantly less than a year. So, if you want a true GT, why would you buy a 4000lb Camaro now when you can wait for a much lighter Mustang with better handling, similar power, and superior power to weight?

2. Who said .7 second was nothing? I did say it is an amazingly small gap between two car which are supposed to be in the same segment with a greater than 100hp disparity between the two, because it is. We already knew the Camaro was notably faster in a straight line, this simply proves that the Chevy is more of a cruiser than a corner carver. But then, we knew that already too. Like I said earlier there is nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is.

3. I find it amazingly easy to tell just how disappointed Chevy enthusiasts actually are in the curb weight of the new Camaro SS by how 'touchy' they become about the weight of the new 400hp Mustang GT. This extreme weight gain you guys keep hoping will hinder the new Mustang GT just isn't going to happen, there simply exists no plausible reason why anything like this would occur.

You say the Camaro is more of a cruiser than a corner carver but it still runs faster through the course?? If I were looking at it and I saw the Camaro had faster lap times, faster straight line and a shorter stopping distance then my conclusion is that it is a better car all around. Not taking anything away from the Mustang but until the "so-called" 400hp engine comes out, it will not turn out the way the Mustang faithfuls want it too!!