View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
diV6

Drives: 94 camaro z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post

3. I find it amazingly easy to tell just how disappointed Chevy enthusiasts actually are in the curb weight of the new Camaro SS by how 'touchy' they become about the weight of the new 400hp Mustang GT. This extreme weight gain you guys keep hoping will hinder the new Mustang GT just isn't going to happen, there simply exists no plausible reason why anything like this would occur.
I find it amazingly easy to tell just how disappointed FORDenthusiasts actually are in how fast the 2010 mustang is by how much they talk about the 2011 mustang

Look, if in 2011 the mustang is faster, then great for ford. Lets wait and see instead of racing hypothetical cars. Maybe the ford will gain weight, maybe it wont. I heard rumors the 5.0 liter wont be in the gt, but a higher tier mustang and the gt would have the turbo v6. I also heard rumors the v8 wont have 400 horsepower. We wont know untill 2010 what the 2011 mustang will be like. Maybe the camaro will get a more agressive tuned suspension, as its current setup is kinda conservitive. Who knows what will happen.

Bottom line, right now the camaro is faster than the mustang, stop making excuses. If we do this again in 2011, and the mustang is faster, i will give you the courtesy of admitting it and not constantly making excuses.

The camaro is not the better cruiser, as it outran the mustang on a road course, NOT THE DRAG STRIP. Its the better performance car.