View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #10
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by diV6 View Post
I find it amazingly easy to tell just how disappointed FORDenthusiasts actually are in how fast the 2010 mustang is by how much they talk about the 2011 mustang
I have made no bones about the fact that I think the 2010 Mustang GT is easily the better performance car right now, I just think 2011 will absolutely put Camaro on the trailer and, as the most interesting topic on any GM forum right now is the long term health of GM, I find that topic particularly interesting. When you take away the power advantage what does Camaro have left? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diV6
I heard rumors the 5.0 liter wont be in the gt, but a higher tier mustang and the gt would have the turbo v6.
Well, that would be the difference between rumors and known info. Mustang part numbers exist for the 2011 5.0L V8, not for the 3.5L Ecoboost V6...doesn't get more solid than that.

Quote:
I also heard rumors the v8 wont have 400 horsepower.
And Bill Ford said there will be a 400hp Mustang. Of the three that will be produced, 3.7L V6-powered base model, 5.0L V8-powered GT, and 5.4L SC/INT V8 powered GT500, I think we know which one he was referring to.

GM better have something amazing up their sleeve, because the Camaro is going to need nearly Z06 level power to hold it's own against a 400hp/400lb-ft tq Mustang GT.

Quote:
We wont know untill 2010 what the 2011 mustang will be like. Maybe the camaro will get a more agressive tuned suspension, as its current setup is kinda conservative. Who knows what will happen.
I guarantee it will still weight 4000lb, until they solve that the straight line advantage the Chevy holds exists at the sufferance of FoMoCo. Do you really think that is a position GM wants to be in?

Quote:
Bottom line, right now the camaro is faster than the mustang, stop making excuses. If we do this again in 2011, and the mustang is faster, i will give you the courtesy of admitting it and not constantly making excuses.
In a straight line, yes. On a road course where the Camaro can use it's power advantage, yes. On a road course where they Chevy can't use that big, mid range torque? No doubt about it....Camaro loses.

Quote:
The camaro is not the better cruiser, as it outran the mustang on a road course, NOT THE DRAG STRIP. Its the better performance car.
So long as performance lives in a very narrow envelope maybe. In a scenario where the Camaro can use it's extra hp and torque it will beat the Mustang, but nowhere else. Where is the handling brilliance the uber-expensive Zeta chassis was supposed to bring to the table?

In terms of handling the Camaro is a let down, no plainer way to state it.