View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #27
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
First off if the ECM was shot you wouldn't be driving it at all. It wouldn't run.
Second the ECM in our cars is an E67. The same one used in all the vetts and Cadillacs. I'm sure it's used and a lot of other cars by now. It is not specific to the ZL1 and therefore is not going to be any more prone to failure in our car than all the others.
Thirdly, I would check to make sure they didn't leave a ground wire loose when they did the headers. Because if you got a whole bunch of stabili-trac lights coming on that's probably your problem
This make sense to me as if you had a ground fault you would potentially corrupt the software load on the ECU. If you guys know for sure that the tech is attempting to reprogram the unit before replacing it, then I buy there is something going on in a certain batch of ECU's.

But we all know any GM tech or dealer isn't going to get paid but so much time for working the problem so it will be easier for him to order a new ECU then reprogram it and call it day..

Some guys complained early on in 2013 of the main fuse block being lose with poor connections causing all sorts of issues. I checked and found mine all lose and tighten down all the connections and haven't any issues reflashing the ECU..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote