View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm sorry to hear all of the complaints about this system. Unfortunately tuning out this system from the vehicle would constitute as a modification and would then not be covered by GM. It would then be up to the dealership to cover you should you perform this work while under warranty. As to why this feature is still on the vehicles these days I do not have a solid answer for you. I could check into this with my technical department to see if they might have any sort of reason as to why it is included with the vehicle. I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this discussion.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Jeff,
I would like to know from your technical department if there is any technical reason why I should not turn this off. I mean, is it going to break anything if this is disabled? I would also like to know if GM is not allowed to turn this off because of some political factor such as MPG ratings. We just need a little help here. These are awesome cars, but we are seeing people trade their cars and probably not buying camaros due to this one feature alone. I'd appreciate if you looked into some type of solution.