View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #73
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
I've been using some cheap ass leads for a few years now with no issues and truck manifolds.

I did use the Firecore with their "promod" boots before again with no issue. I only changed leads as I needed longer as I changed to IGN1A coils and needed a couple of inches longer leads. So I DIY'd some from some Ford Explorer leads which had almsot identical plug ends to the Firecore.

The Firecores do have a slight angle to them, so would be a little better fit, but the leads I used are still fine.
No heat shields or anything silly which more often will trap heat in after shutdown and cook everything.

I do retain the factory heat shields on the manifolds themselves and did do a very light wrap around the manifolds under the heat shields with DEI wrap.

Some images of the Firecore here, although the bend in these is more pronounced than mine were.
But that would allow the wires to turn up away from the actual manifold tubes quite well

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...=617277&page=2

And the type of leads I bought and cut to length. Just some cheap crap really but boots are identical design. Wires themselves were just the usual fibreglass type strands. If they ever turn into a problem I'll consider replacing them, but so far they havent. Just cut these and crimp on some new ends.
Only reason I didnt buy firecore again was I didnt know what length I needed and I needed to get up and running quickly and they never answered my emails, so just said **** it and ordered these to cut up. At least now I'll know what length I need if I do upgrade.

stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote