View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #22
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboy8769 View Post
Just wanted to update you guys that helped me. The hiccup is gone I am not sure exactly which fixed it but I did what y’all said and it’s gone.
I’m back overseas but the last race before I left I started driving through the clutch in high gear so when I come home I am going to a McLeod soft lok setup. I think the stock pressure plate was to weak. I had put a ram sintered iron paddle clutch in but kept the stock pressure plate. I spin a lot on the line anyway so I thing adjustable is the way to go

Thanks for the help!Attachment 959369
Glad you got that sorted. Would be nice to know what the root cause was, but some times it's nice enough just to have it solved for!

I feel your pain - I finally made it to the track this fall. There is an RPM vs. Wheelspeed based limiter in the PCM. In factory configuration it holds the max RPM to 5000 when wheelspeed is under 10mph. That is not enough to launch with. And not only that, but if you're against that limiter when you launch, it takes a second for it to recover and go WOT, which holds it back even more. Back to the tuner tomorrow will solve that, and then hopefully some hero passes in this cool fall air before the snow flies.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote