View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #92
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy5 View Post
Absolutely nothing. And no one shows any detailed steps on how to mount where they did, just a "mount it here" opinion. I believe the area I mount it is indeed the best, as that area gets pretty much optimum airflow, from air entering past the radiator, and the fans in that area, not to mention it has plenty of gap from the engine.

All these people argue against the RX catch can but have no idea how it really works. When you have oil vapor, which is what, 250+ degrees, going through the filtering medium of the catch can, which is well over 100 degrees cooler, it is going to condense on the filtering media, which in turn will drip down into the bottom of the catch can.

You don't need 10 feet of hose and all this other junk, just buy a catch can, install, and drive. Trying to be extra creative and saving $30 just isn't worth the effort in my opinion.
If you say that mounting a CC in the engine bay will keep it as cool as in the CAI area is just as good. Then you would not need a CAI at all because the temp is the same in both places. It's the cold air you want not just airflow. That is why the CAI work, they are not pulling the hotter air going past the condenser radiator and heat exchanger. The air IS colder if before that three heat sources.

What other junk is there? It is just a longer hose which helps condense also. Nothing else but now the CC is out of the way of the engine.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote