View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #82
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
I just came home from the dealer. They will have the car until at least Monday because they can't start work until Friday. I said I wanted a rental in the meantime. Anyway, I went under the car and a GM rep from Indiana was there. He was not saying much but he could tell I was concerned when I asked why a $40K has an oil leak. It looks like one of the hoses to the cooler was leaking oil and the oil pan looked like it was leaking as well. They will run another dye test as well. The rear main seal was replaced last week but I guess it will have to be replaced when they have to drop the transmission again. They are going to have to take apart the entire front end, as people here at CAMARO5 have said. I said I would like to have it done by one of their best mechanics, but I received the usual placations "All our techs are ASE certified...blah blah. I said if that's the case why is it still leaking after the first repair? I got the quizzical look at that point and the GM rep was not saying much either. I said I want to recheck it for leaks myself on the rack before I take it home. I'm bringing a black light with me to check for dye.

I pray it will come together well. I'll keep everyone posted.

Regards.

George

Last edited by george; 05-09-2012 at 01:20 PM.
george is offline   Reply With Quote