View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
xjer22x

Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Not bad for the first time out.

It takes a lot of time and practice.

What type of clutch do you have? If it is stock, then be prepared to replace it very quickly if you are feathering it.

But to answer a couple of your questions from my experience...

I agree with PSJ, dont go through the water unless you have skinnies. Your front tires are dragging water with them. Ignore the looks. On stock tires, just do a rolling burnout to clean them off and get em a little warm. But not too long as they can develop a film that will reduce traction. lowest i would go for pressure is 32psi. For a low profile street tire you dont want to go any lower. You want as much of that rubber touching the ground as you can.

Spinning in 1-2 will happen with your setup. Just as long as its a spin and not wheel hop you are ok.

I would say with a little practice you could get your 60ft down to a 1.9-2.0 on these tires, but you will be missing out on performance. I saw you mentioned you were looking into 18's... DO IT! lol that will help with launching and the spinning between gears. If you look at my build journal i have a video in there of me running on stock tires, and all you hear when i shift is my tires and RPM going crazy from spinning.

But seat time overall will net you the most results.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote